The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on
Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membrane Science and Technology
Guest Editors: Journal of Applied Polymer Science Board Members Bart Van der Bruggen (KU Leuven) and Isabel C. Escobar (University of Toledo).
Call for papers
Microfiltration (MF) and ultrafiltration (UF) membrane technologies are widely used in separation processes, for example water purification, protein separation, metal recovery and pigment recovery. As a consequence they play a pivotal role in major industries, such as the food and beverage, biotechnology, chemical and pharmaceutical, and municipal water treatment. However, membrane fouling increases energy use and cleaning frequency, and shortens the life span of membranes. Membrane replacement necessitated by fouling is the single largest source of operating cost when membranes are used in water separation applications, causing the greatest hindrance to their widespread use.
With the growth in use of MF/UF membranes at approximately 10% annually, it is essential to periodically bring together research that reflects improvements and the future of MF and UF. To do this, the Journal of Applied Polymer Science is calling for papers for a Special Issue on Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membrane Science and Technology.
Topics covered in the Special Issue will include (but are not restricted to),
- novel materials for microfiltration and ultrafiltration;
- surface functionalization to generate or strengthen specific properties, e.g. charge, hydrophilicity, amongst others;
- advanced bioseparations;
- interactions between MF/UF membranes and foulants;
- novel applications of MF/UF membranes;
- anti-microbial properties;
Deadline for submissions: 30th June 2014
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- high quality contributions showcasing unpublished research;
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in the Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membrane Science and Technology.
Please alert the editors of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.