Written by prominent international experts from industry and academia, the Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites, Second Edition presents over 260 new and revised articles addressing the new technological advances in properties, processing, formulation, design, analysis, evaluation, manufacture, testing, and reliability of composites. The entire range of industrial applications of composites is covered. The Encyclopedia is an invaluable resource for researchers in both library and professional settings and provides information about composite materials and related processing technologies.
Key features of the Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites Online include:
- Covers all areas of composite technology including their characterization, formulation, design, evaluation, processing, manufacture, testing, and reliability
- Presents numerous articles on the role and applications of composites in nanotechnology, aerospace, automotive engineering, biomedical engineering, sustainability, electronics, optics, defense, energy, transportation, and more
- Contains 800 illustrations
- An easy to use interface that allows one to Search or Browse through the articles for quick reference and convenience.
Reviews from the First Edition:
- “…comprehensive opus magnum…many contributors in industry and university…an editorial board of outstanding scientist..proper perspective..timely significant… excellent…”
— SAMPE Journal
- “The total work will be a necessary purchase of the reference library of those concerned with composites in any shape or form.
— Polymer International
- Luigi Nicolais is currently a professor in the Department of Materials Engineering and Production at the University of Naples “Federico II.” He is an editorial board member for several journals, including Polymer Composites, Composite Science and Technology, Polymer News, Journal of Materials Science, and the Journal of Applied Polymer Science.
- Assunta Borzacchiello is a researcher at the Institute of Composite and Biomedical Materials (C.N.R) and a professor at the Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Biomaterials at the University of Naples “Federico II.”
- Founding Editor: Stuart M. Lee