Journal of Applied Polymer Science Special Issue: Manufacturing of Advanced Biodegradable Polymeric Components
Call for papers
Guest Editors: Journal of Applied Polymer Science Editorial Board member Prof. Roberto Pantani (University of Salerno) and Prof. Lih-Sheng (Tom) Turng (University of Wisconsin–Madison).
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on Manufacturing of Advanced Biodegradable Polymeric Components. The issue will feature work from some of the best researchers in this extremely exciting and technologically important field, and it will be made highly visible to the community.
Deadline for submissions: 16th February 2015
The ability to manufacture plastic products from sustainable resources that are fully compostable at the end of their service life is not only economically attractive but also environmentally friendly. Unfortunately, the use of biodegradable polymers for manufacturing high performance components has been limited because of the relatively inferior properties of these materials in comparison to the non-degradable counterparts, narrower processing windows, and difficulties in processing them using existing equipment.
Research is quickly advancing in the direction of improving the properties and processing capabilities of biodegradable polymers. Basic and applied research is aiming to optimize processes and/or plastics to obtain biodegradable components with enhanced structural and functional properties and performance. The results of these studies are now finding their way into industrial applications.
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is focused on applications of polymeric materials; topics covered in the Special Issue will include:
- the upgrading of conventional processes or equipment for manufacturing biodegradable products;
- the optimization of biodegradable polymer properties toward better processability and/or product properties;
- the development of new manufacturing processes or equipment specific to biodegradable polymers;
- the study of the effects of processing conditions on the properties of biodegradable polymeric components; and
- the assessment of the effects of additives or fillers on specific key properties of biodegradable polymeric components.
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- high quality contributions showcasing unpublished research;
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in the Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Manufacturing of Advanced Biodegradable Polymeric Components.
Please alert the editors of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.