In May, group leaders from academia and industry as well as students met in Valencia (Spain) for the 11th International Symposium on Polymer Therapeutics to discuss issues spanning from Laboratory to Clinical Practice. The many excellent talks, included contributions with a broad range of topics from synthesis, characterization and applications like:
- K. Kataoka (iCONM, Tokyo): Polymeric Micelles from a Rational Design to Clinical Development
- J. Hanes (Johns Hopkins University): Mucus Penetrating Nanoparticles: From Concept to Success in the Clinic
- J.-C. Leroux (ETH Zurich): Macromolecular Drugs in Celiac Disease
- A. N. Zelkin (Aarhus Universit): Macromolecular (Pro)drugs as Antiviral Agents
- B. G de Geest (Ghent University): Designing Polymeric Materials for Targeted Modulation of the Immune System
The Advanced Healthcare Materials prize for the best oral presentation was awarded to Kristina Klinker (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz) for her short talk on Adjusting Functionality of Core Cross-Linked Nanostructures based on Reactive Polypept(o)ides.
The Macromolecular Bioscience prize for the best poster went to Olga Schäfer (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz) “Novel reactive cysteines utilized in polypept(o)idic core cross-linked nanostructures”.
Congratulations to the winners!
The next International Symposium on Polymer Therapeutics will take place in Valencia on 28th-30 May 2018.