Call for papers
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on
Structure, Properties and Applications of Thermoelectric Polymers
Guest Editors: Journal of Applied Polymer Science Editorial Board member Prof. Bryan W. Boudouris (Purdue University) and Prof. Shannon Yee (Georgia Institute of Technology)
The issue will feature work from some of the best researchers in this extremely exciting and technologically important field, and it will be made highly visible to the community.
In recent years, the application of conducting polymers, polymer composites and hybrid polymer-inorganic nanoparticle systems to thermoelectric energy conversion devices has been of increasing interest; the area presents many significant experimental and computational opportunities with respect to both the molecular and macroscale properties of thermoelectric polymers. This is especially true for applications where high-throughput, low-cost manufacturing, and mechanical and thermal properties are leading design factors. In particular, elucidating how the macromolecular properties of conducting polymers can be tied to their electronic and thermal transport properties using experimental, theoretical and computational techniques is of vital importance. Additionally, determining how to best capitalize on the processing advantages associated with functional macromolecules relative to their bulk inorganic counterparts in thermoelectric modules is crucial.
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is focused on applications of polymeric materials, thus topics covered in the Special Issue will include,
- macromolecular design principles of thermoelectric polymers;
- structure-property-performance relationships of conducting polymers and composite systems;
- thermal transport in macromolecular and composite systems;
- doping control of n-type and p-type polymers;
- processing methods of thermoelectric polymers;
- high temperature semiconducting polymers;
- polymer interconnects and thermoelectric module wiring;
- scientific insights into advanced device architectures of polymer and composite thermoelectric generators, coolers, and heat exchangers.
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- high quality contributions showcasing unpublished research;
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in the Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Structure, Properties and Applications of Thermoelectric Polymers.
Please alert the editors of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.