Journal of Applied Polymer Science Special Issue: Polymers for Microelectronics
Call for papers
Guest Editors: Journal of Applied Polymer Science Executive Editor Dr Brian Knapp (Promerus LLC) and Prof. Paul A. Kohl (Georgia Institute of Technology)
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on Polymers for Microelectronics, to be published in 2014. The issue will feature work from some of the best researchers in this extremely exciting and technologically important field, and it will be made highly visible to the community.
Deadline for submissions: 28th February 2014
The progress in computing over the past half century would not have been possible without silicon, but the role of polymers in this arena cannot be overstated. Indeed polymers are crucial in the fabrication of microelectronic chips, boards and interconnects, and the continuous miniaturization of electronic components offers constant new challenges. The explosion of new fields such as microelectromechanical (MEMS) devices and 3D chip packaging, as well as the bewildering growth of smart devices other than traditional laptops and desktop computers, present new opportunities for polymers to play a role in this area. In order to take a high-resolution snapshot of this fast-moving field, the Journal of Applied Polymer Science is calling for papers for a Special Issue on Polymers for Microelectronics.
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is focused on applications of polymeric materials, thus topics covered in the Special Issue will include (but are not restricted to),
- photoresists: synthesis and performance (particularly for advanced lithography);
- materials for device packaging (including 3D packaging);
- MEMS: polymer interactions and new materials;
- wafer bonding adhesives;
- dielectrics and electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding materials;
- polymer composites for microelectronics;
- novel synthesis and processing techniques for polymers in microelectronics;
- polymer fluxes (materials and performance).
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- high quality contributions showcasing unpublished research;
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in the Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Bioactive Surface Functionalization.
Please alert the editors of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.