Journal of Applied Polymer Science Special Issue: Bioactive Surface Functionalization
Call for papers
Guest Editor: Koon Gee Neoh (National University of Singapore)
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is delighted to invite you to submit papers for a Special Issue on Bioactive Surface Functionalization, to be published in 2014. The issue will feature work from some of the best authors in this extremely exciting and technologically important field, and it will be made highly visible to the community.
Deadline for submissions: 15th October 2013
Many biochemical, biotechnological and biomedical applications of materials depend crucially on interfaces: how a drug delivery vehicle interacts with a cell membrane; how a biomolecule is detected by a sensor; how a scaffold imparts signals to a set of cells, influencing their behaviour. This is reflected in the amount of literature produced every year on biological processes having the common characteristic of being enabled and controlled by materials interfaces. With polymers constituting a large class of components used for the applications described above, it is useful to periodically bring together research on tailoring the use of polymers at biological interfaces to improve their applicability in a biomedical context. To do this, the Journal of Applied Polymer Science is calling for papers for a Special Issue on Bioactive Surface Functionalization.
The Journal of Applied Polymer Science is focused on applications of polymeric materials, thus topics covered in the Special Issue will include (but are not restricted to),
- attachment and growth of cells on scaffolds;
- enhancing biocompatibility of biomaterials/implants;
- antibacterial properties;
- functionalization of surfaces to direct cell functionality and fate;
Manuscripts for this Special Issue will be:
- submitted through our online submission system;
- high quality contributions showcasing unpublished research;
- rigorously peer reviewed as any other paper in the Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
- clearly marked at submission by the authors as intended for the Special Issue on Bioactive Surface Functionalization.
Please alert the editors of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science if you plan to submit a paper for this Special Issue.