As an Associate Editor in Wiley’s materials science and physics journals department, you will be trained by experienced editors to become part of the global team of peer-review editors responsible for the acquisition and selection of articles for leading journals such as Advanced Materials, Small, physica status solidi, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, and Journal of Polymer Science: The role includes the acquisition of review-type articles, the organization of the assessment of these and other submitted articles, making acceptance andrejection decisions, and the further improvement of articles selected for publication. You will interact closely with the relevant scientific community, and Editorial Board members, travelling to and presenting at scientific conferences, and visit leading institutions and scientists in the field. You will also work closely with Wiley colleagues to further improve the services offered by the journals to readers, authors and referees.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in chemistry, physics or materials science, or a related field
- Experience with the submission of scientific articles and an appreciation of the peer-review process
- Success in publishing articles in top international scientific journals
- A broad interest in science and its communication
- International experience (living/working) a plus
- Ability to work and live in the US and travel nationally and internationally
- Excellent command of the English language.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Wiley provides incentive plans to reinforce and sustain a culture devoted to excellent performance; to emphasize performance against specific objectives, and to reward significant contributions that further the success of our business objectives.
For Health and Welfare Benefits information please click on the following link: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-301743.html