The activities in the development, manufacture and application of cellular materials are steadily growing. Meanwhile, R&D of cellular materials constitutes a discrete but well-connected research field of materials science and engineering. In the same manner as other materials, it is expected to be a driver of innovations and novel or better products.
Over the last years, applications have been identified in the fields of energy efficiency, light weight construction, novel and efficient conversion concepts or biomedical repair functions, just to mention a few. The CellMAT conference series was initiated in 2010 in order to bring together experts from the polymer, ceramic, glass and metal communities dealing with cellular materials.
The 4th CellMAT conference will cover all aspects of manufacturing, modification, joining, property analysis and modelling of cellular materials. In addition to this, featured side events will focus on specific topics. For further information: cfa-cellmat-2016
- Surface modification and functionalization
- Characterization: structure, in situ, structure characterisation
- Physical, chemical, mechanical, thermal, acoustic and optical properties
- Sustainable processing and recycling/materials from waste
- Mechanical engineering
- Energy management and saving
- Chemical engineering and conversion
- Bioengineering, biomaterials and life science
- Medical engineering
- Microsystems technology
- Automotive, aerospace and transportation
- Architecture and design
International experts will give keynote/invited lectures about applications in the automotive industry and transportation, in mechanical engineering, for chemical and energy systems, for environmental purposes or for micro and medical devices and functions. Thus, the three day conference comes up as a discussion panel for researchers, manufacturers, and users of cellular materials. During the conference, the best three posters will be honoured.
We are glad to announce already the following Opening and Keynote speakers enriching the conference:
- Prof. Denis Weaire, Trinity College Dublin (Irland)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Altstädt, Universität Bayreuth (Germany)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Christos G. Aneziris, TU Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany)
- Prof. Yuji Iwamoto, Nagoya Institute of Technology (Japan)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jens Meinert, University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Görlitz (Germany)
- Prof. Chul B. Park, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Prof. Taro Suzuki, Waseda University (Japan)
The CellMAT 2016 will be held from 07 – 09 December, which is during the 581st Strietzelmarkt, one of the oldest and most traditional Christmas Markets in Germany.
We cordially invite you to join the CellMAT 2016 conference, to share your experience in cellular materials with your fellow colleagues and to enjoy the very beautiful and special Christmas atmosphere during our conference.
Michael Scheffler (Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)
Olaf Andersen (Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials IFAM, Dresden, Germany)
Dirk Enke (Universität Leipzig, Germany)
Tobias Fey (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), Germany)
Mike Tromm (University of Kassel, Germany)
Wyndham Garden Dresden
01219 Dresden (Germany)
PO box 20 07 14
53137 Bonn (Germany)
Phone +49 (151) 2122 7448
The conference will be accompanied by an industrial exhibition.
The official congress language will be English.