The 2017 Small Young Innovator Award is now open for nominations!
The Small Young Innovator Award recognizes outstanding, interdisciplinary scientific work in the development and fundamental understanding of nanoscience and nanotechnology by a young scientist or engineer. The award recipient must also show exceptional promise as a developing leader in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The award will consist of a certificate and USD $1,000.
- The nominee shall not have reached his/her 40thbirthday by the time the award is received.
- The award will be presented to individual investigators who have conducted innovative interdisciplinary research demonstrating high levels of excellence and distinction in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Two investigators may be selected for the award.
- The award winner will be selected on the basis of the outstanding quality, novelty and significance of the candidate’s research.
Establishment and support:
The 2017 award is supported by Wiley-VCH and will be issued during the 3rd Small Science Symposium (May 14-May 17, 2017), co-organized by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University, and Wiley. Please check out the website for this joint symposium at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ap/smallscience/index.html
Nominations for the “Small Young Innovator Award” must be submitted directly to [email protected] by 15 March 2017. Peer- and organizational- nominations are welcome, subject to the nominee agreeing to the nomination.
The submitted nomination package must include:
(1) A nomination letter (1 page)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (2-pages maximum) including birth date.
(3) List of significant publication history (2-pages maximum)
(4) Research summary statement highlighting key research discoveries and their impact (1 page)
(5) Letters of support from two established scientists familiar with the nominee’s qualifications and area of research.
The decision of the award committee is final and no enquires will be entertained.
We look forward to receiving your nominations by 15 March 2017.